KINDERGARTENTheme: God is our Loving Creator.
- To establish that God is the crea
- Tor of all things
- To begin to identify and appreciate God’s creation
- To create an awareness that we are members of God’s family Prayer
1ST GRADETheme: God our Creator gives us life and grace, and promises us eternal life through Jesus.
- To identify clearly that the Bible is God’s word to us
- To establish that through Baptism we belong to God’s family, the Church
- To create an awareness that we worship together through prayer and liturgy
- To develop an understanding that people deserve our love and respect
- To enhance further the concept that God is our creator while introducing Jesus as savior
- To master key vocabulary and know prayers
2ND GRADETheme: Jesus shows us His Father’s love through the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
- To introduce the sacraments as signs through which we experience God
- To provide preparation for the reception of the Sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation
- To develop an awareness of the three persons of the Trinity
- To demonstrate that people respond to God’s word by living His Law of Love
- To illustrate that the family is a reflection of God’s loving presence
3RD GRADETheme: Jesus continues His life and work through His Church.
- To grow in an understanding of the Church through worship and increased knowledge of the scripture
- To experience the Church as a Christian community
- To continue to learn to live as Jesus taught us
4TH GRADETheme: We are called to live as Jesus did: choosing a life of love, service, and obedience to God especially in light of the Ten Commandments.
- To develop an understanding of the Christian way of life
- To examine concepts of right and wrong based on Christian teaching and the Ten Commandments
- To appreciate the Sacrament of Reconciliation as a sign of God’s mercy
5TH GRADETheme: The Sacraments are the center of our whole liturgical life which nourishes and strengthens us.
- To develop an understanding that the sacraments are celebrated through the use of sacred signs and symbols
- To emphasize that Christ’s presence in our lives is celebrated in the sacraments and through prayer
- To establish that we participate in God’s own life through the sacraments
6TH GRADETheme: God’s people are challenged throughout history to follow the teachings of Jesus and His ancestors as seen in Hebrew and Christian Scripture
- To introduce Jesus’ ancestors and events that occurred before his coming
- To grow and respond in faith by becoming familiar with the people in Hebrew and Christian Scriptures who were faithful to God
- To become more aware of the Kingdom of God in our midst
- To recognize the place of the Word of God in our lives
7TH GRADETheme: Our faith calls us to listen and respond to the message of Jesus.
- To discover the teachings of Jesus through Christian Scriptures
- To understand and recognize visible signs of God’s grace
- To respond to Christ’s message with action
8TH GRADETheme: Our faith calls us to examine and appreciate church history and our role within the church community now and in the future.
- To learn about the his
- Tory of the Church
- To understand one’s role in the church’s community
- To recognize that all people are called to further the kingdom by living the good News of the Gospel
- To prepare for and be given the opportunity to participate in the sacrament of Confirmation